YOU dreamt about creating your own game. Maybe since you sweated the game controllers as a kid… or since that idea first crossed your mind between long sessions of wearing-down WASD buttons on your keyboard.
But the dream is still there. It’s embroidered in your mind. You believe you can design gameplay experiences so captivating that players will stay in them for hours. You desire to create mechanics that drive them to play until they complete the level. And then the next one. And the next one.
WE are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the way for the regional game developers. What’s our dream? Becoming the regional gamedev leader.
So…We feel like our dreams are two perspectives of the same heroic journey… Do you?
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Work directly with the Game Director and Game design team to ensure that the overall game vision and all aspects of gameplay are being properly executed and communicated
- Guide development and prototyping of core gameplay systems and mechanics inspiring the creation of incredible player experiences
- Shape core aspects of the game – combat, movement, weapons, encounters, game meta and/or enemy abilities
- Understanding of what makes a gameplay experience compelling and fun, balance the large scale of interconnected game systems and gameplay mechanics against one another to ensure a sense of clarity, purpose, and meaning behind every player decision
- Create and maintain detailed game design documentation
- Participate in the development of tools required to implement and adjust game systems in collaboration with developers
- Perform build reviews, analyze the gameplay and provide clear, actionable, and respectful feedback
- Collaborate with gameplay programers and animators on the rapid iteration of player interactions and encounters
- Collaborate with cross game teams on documenting, reviewing, and playtesting your designs
- Work with programming team to design and implement tools for game designers to use in engine to setup gameplay elements
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- At least 3+ years of game design experience
- Broad design expertise, able to shift between systems, mechanics, content, and more to deliver holistic gameplay experiences
- Experience working on designs from initial creation through to implementation
- Curiosity to always learn and raise standards
- Ability of good presentation and visualization to convey the idea
- Understanding of the design process including workflows, level design, and game mode design
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience with the Unreal 4 Engine
- Extreme attention to detail and a passion for AA/ AAA execution
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in any other production or development aspect (art, programming, qa etc)
- Experience in mentoring other game designers
- Experience as a game designer on one or more AA/ AAA title released
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!