Bring characters to life and bridge the gap between art and technology as a character-focused Technical Artist. From importing game-ready assets to creating stunning materials and animations, you’ll play an integral role in shaping immersive worlds that captivate players’ imaginations. Join our team of devoted professionals, and leave a mark on the regional game dev scene!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises’ fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can’t reveal too much, we promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are looking for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo, or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Import game ready assets and set up their materials
- Create new materials from scratch
- Import animations
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams
- Make sure the project files are well-organized and updated
- Actively participate in team discussions, weekly stand-up meetings, and sit-down reviews
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Communicate with devs, artists and qa to detect and resolve project issues
- Create or improve existing tools to further increase efficiency
- Participate in all aspects of character setup, engine integration and performance tuning
- Assist and support modellers, animators, etc. by troubleshooting issues, developing tools, defining best practices
- Ability to use debugging tools and solve complex visual and performance problems
- Setup physics assets and hair/cloth simulations
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- Knowledge of 3D game engine, preferably Unreal
- Good knowledge of 3ds Max or Maya (or some alternative 3D software)
- Good knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience working as a Technical Artist and a desire to unleash your creativity
- Experience with the traditional workflow/pipeline (high to low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking/texturing, level art)
- Understanding of the principles of modeling, rigging, animation, as well as lights and particle manipulation
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in game development
- Ability to perform detailed tasks carefully and precisely
- Strong feel for an overall impression of what a good game should leave on its players
It would be a plus if you have:
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative mindset and ability to overcome technical challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with differences between creative and technical teams
- Sense of adventure since you will be working and interacting with a variety of professionals including programmers, artists, and level designers – on a daily basis
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as FitPass because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.