We are looking for a passionate Rigger to join our team of extremely fun-to-work-with colleagues and support us on our mission of creating state-of-the-art AA+ gaming experiences.
Sounds good? Please, do read on.
- Recognize proper mesh topology as well as repair and give feedback to the Character Modeling Department
- Based on the models provided by the Character Modeling Department, carry out the rigging and skinning of the characters to meet the needs of project animators and the technical and artistic directors
- Create and use the tools and run modes to produce the best possible results and incorporate them into the project’s game engine
- Along with the character modeler and artistic director – animation, develop facial rigs so animators can create high-quality animations in an optimal way
- Ensure a nomenclature that is in keeping with project norms and the selection sets in the master scenes in order to facilitate the work of animators
- Implement a skeleton control system to foster/simplify the work of animators
- Ensure that the final result (rigging/skinning) meets the artistic standards of the project
- Carry out all other related tasks
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- Minimum 3 years experience in video game riggering or other relevant field
- Independently choose the technique in which to create the animation, as long as it meets the criteria set for the final animation
- Total mastery of Maya when it comes to character, prop and environment animation and manipulation
- Working familiarity with HIK mocap workflow in Maya.
- Experience with technical aspects of rigging and skinning characters for animation and automatic rigging frameworks like mGear.
- Strong understanding of body mechanics and realistic animation
- Understanding of game design and game development production process
- Wealth of experience in 3D animation and a portfolio to match
- Attention to detail, adaptability, suppleness, flexibility and an open mind
It would be a plus if you have:
- Proficiency in realistic as well as stylized motion animation
- In-depth knowledge of anatomy
- Knowledge of the IK and optimal pivotal points
- Knowledge of the limitations of the game engine and production needs
- Knowledge of python scripting is a major plus
- Artistic ability
- In-depth understanding of anatomy and physiology of movements
- Willingness to work inside of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong knowledge of MotionBuilder
- A deep knowledge of the engine and animation tools, and bring new solutions to complex problems
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!