You can light up the gaming world by creating stunning interior and exterior lighting for open environments. Staying on top of the latest lighting technology comes naturally to you, and you constantly analyze the best ways to light up characters and spaces.
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
Currently, we are developing two big games in Unreal Engine: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter… and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Create interior and exterior lighting for the open environments
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements for real time game application
- Work in partnership with the Level Designers in charge of the environments to propose, implement and optimize the lighting in each context
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting such as: dynamic, prebaked, interior and exterior setups, cinematic set and character lighting
- Improve the quality of lighting on characters and environments
- Ensure that all lighting deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule
- Follow the guidelines of the Art Director (color/script/moodboard) and the various key concepts created by the Concept Artists
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- Experience working on AA/ AAA titles
- Experience on lighting issues for a real time project
- Understanding of CGI technologies applied to lighting, both for real-time and pre-computed rendering
- Mastery of the theories governing physical light, power and color temperature of different types of electric or natural light sources, etc.
- Cinematographic and photographic knowledge: framing, shot scale, scene composition, atmospheric lighting, shadows, etc
- Experience working in Unreal engine
- Remain up-to-date with lighting techniques through industry research and prototyping new tech with code
- Flexible with adoption of art styles and direction
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry-standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other well-being benefits – because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company annual leave in January, as well as additional days to take care of children
- Ongoing education and training: self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing gaming, tech, and startup ecosystems – and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events as well as individually budgeted and personally crafted team bonding events
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.