We are looking for a Lead Game Designer/Expert Game Designer to work on World of Tanks, a legendary action MMO with 160 million users registered worldwide. The game’s accolades include 4 Golden Joystick Awards, a D.I.C.E. Award, and 2 Guinness World Records. Your main objective will be to create new game modes and features, thereby influencing the development of World of Tanks.
What will you do?
- Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Director
- Work with design leadership to help form the vision for areas of the game, and ensure that designs follow the product vision
- Distribute work to the design team, evaluate the quality of the deliverables and provide constructive feedback for improvement. Mentoring them as they develop their skills
- Be a member of the leadership team and guide team culture to build a highly engaged team
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve high quality within constraints
- Investigate and analyze to validate ideas and opportunities
- Aspire to create new game systems that can push the product further
- Stay up to date with design industry trends
What are we looking for?
- 4+ years of experience as a game designer
- Experience mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts
- Managerial experience
- Experience working on F2P games or other similar live games/games-as-a-service
- Being an active player of PC games
- Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Flexibility and curiosity for a wide range of design spaces
- Russian language knowledge
What will help you stand out?
- Experience lead positions as a game designer
- Having handled live operations and post-launch updates for at least one title
- English language knowledge
- Participation as a speaker in conferences and educational programs