2021 marks the second decade of existence for Two Desperados and the launch of our third game – MuffinVille. Player-centric, led by innovation and focused on technology, we explore the usage of artificial intelligence in the gaming industry. Innovation lies within the team and the knowledge of our employees is what powers change and enables us to create different approaches in the gaming world. Well known for creating #1 marble shooter games – Woka Woka and Viola’s Quest – we’ve hit 30 million players worldwide.
Working as part of our Game Design team, your key responsibilities for this role will be to lead, mentor and inspire our Game Designers to play a pivotal role in our growing success. In this role, you will work together with the Product team members and our Development and Marketing teams to ensure that we create world-beating games.
Here’s what you will do:
- Build and manage a results-focused design department;
- Create strategy and ensure a strong workplace culture of ownership, collaboration, trust and openness;
- Mentor designers to make sure the entire team pushes the boundaries of their craft;
- Provide a clear career path for each designer;
- Be an active part of the leadership team, take responsibility for effective communication;
- Work with product owners to allocate staff and resources;
- Work with other functional managers to promote smooth and proactive product teams;
- Make sure our designers understand the economy and systems of their games;
- Offer critical feedback and teach others to do the same;
- Be a champion for players – make sure our games are fun;
- Ensure all roles that are critical to the success of the team are appropriately staffed;
- Work in partnership with the HR team to ensure talent acquisition and talent management;
- Drive recruitment.
Desired skills and experiences:
- 5+ years in games, including at least 2 years as a lead or similar;
- Experience in the entire development cycle, from idea to live operations;
- Self-driven and highly motivated, able to have great impact without supervision;
- Great communication, including public speaking and listening skills;
- The ability to work towards long-term goals, while having an immediate impact;
- The ability to identify risks and mitigate them;
- A desire to create the best games possible;
- The ability to motivate and inspire;
- An enthusiasm for learning new things;
- A passion for games.
- Shipped successful titles;
- Led teams through change and growth;
- Coached new and inexperienced leaders.
We are committed to developing and nurturing great teams, believing that they drive the creation of amazing games. Led and inspired by our shared thirst for both knowledge and challenging each other, we are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of entertainment and offering the opportunity to support you in expanding your creative capabilities. Join our team as we are entering exciting times of growth.
Send your CV and support us in creating entertaining moments and memorable experiences for millions of our players worldwide!