Wargaming is looking for an Art Manager to join its top AAA project, World of Warships Franchise (PC and Console). Art Manager’s role combines management responsibilities for 3D Art, 2D Art and Design Departments. Drive the team of highly professional artists and designers.
World of Warships game is a free-to-play naval action MMO that puts players in command of some of the most iconic ships in history. From agile destroyers to mighty battleships, players can choose from a variety of classes and nations as they battle it out on the high seas.
We’re really happy to consider candidates worldwide and help with relocation to join our core team in Belgrade!
Apply and join us in shaping the future of World of Warships – it’s not just a job, it’s an adventure!
What will you do?
- Manage the 3D and 2D Art Departments
- Lead and mentor a team of 3D artists, 2D artists, and designers providing guidance, feedback, and support to help them achieve their creative potential
- Set and maintain high standards for design, modeling, and texturing, ensuring consistency with the game’s artistic direction
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to establish production plans and control art production in accordance with the project development goals
- Implement in the production process of artistic and technological solutions to improve the visual quality of the project
- Maintain and improve the visual quality of the project and its components
- Oversee the development of pipelines, workflows, and best practices to optimize creation processes
- Stay updated on industry trends and emerging technologies in art and ensure the team is equipped with the latest tools and techniques
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
What are we looking for?
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a leadership role, such as Art Director, Lead Artist, or Supervisor, with a demonstrated ability to inspire and guide art teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey artistic vision and provide constructive feedback
- Proven experience in hard surface/vehicle 3D art, with a strong portfolio showcasing exceptional design, modeling, and texturing skills
- Proficiency in industry-standard 3D modeling and texturing software and tools
- Art education background
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address technical and artistic challenges in art creation
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Russian
- Passion for video games
Wargaming Belgrade is a game development studio in Serbia and a key member of the Wargaming global network. Our studio is home to talented and dedicated teams of game developers, artists, and designers, one of them being World of Warships team, who are passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our players.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Belgrade include:
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum dependent on years of service with Wargaming Group)
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- English clubs and platform for learning languages
- Premium Private Health Care
- Commuting allowance
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program – you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward