Digital Arrow is an independent game development company that produces high quality, next generation games
Ready to level up your career? Join us!
Digital Arrow is seeking an Art director to join our team and build amazing games together with us. We are a strong team who is pushing the bar for high quality experiences, and we are looking for future team members that will join our vision and work on amazing projects with us. We are excited to meet you!
Digital Arrow has an immediate opening for a visionary Art Director to lead and expand our studios art department. This unique position requires an experienced, creative, talented and motivated leader. Your day-to-day will include art vision definition, upkeep of quality and style in all things art and working together with design, production and engineering to produce AA and AAA projects at Digital Arrow.
- Define the vision for the art teams consisting of different disciplines and levels of experience
- Supervising all artists from initial concept to the release date of the game
- Ability to make a direct contribution to the creation of art through hands on examples
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Tech, and Production teams to deliver on key milestones
- Give input on the scope of the game, schedule and assign the development to an art team member in collaboration with production
- Actively accepts and provides direction to the art team
- Ability to work with the Creative Director to ensure consistency between vision of all art and game design
- Influence the technical and aesthetic processes in order to realize the vision
- Understanding of modern games and their artistic range
- Creation and maintenance of all art production documentation, reference atlases and other art related reports.
- Take part in various art production tasks as the vision holder in all art things at the studio
- Exceptional portfolio that exhibits personal and project artistic accomplishments
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding in rendering and asset creation for real-time games
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D computer graphics software
- Knowledge of the constraints and optimization related to real-time game engines
- Knowledge of cinematic art production
- Experience with Unreal Engine, not mandatory but desirable, a big plus
- A gamer (ideally game industry history, but being a passionate gamer is great too)
- Fluent English (writing and speaking)
- Flexibility for change and handling a variety of amazing projects simultaneously
- Self-driven – it’s a senior position and you won’t be handed a task list, you’ll be expected to identify key opportunity areas and prioritize accordingly
- Excellent communication, time-management and organizational skills
- Task driven, self-motivated, proactive
- Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities
- Experience with at least 2-5 published game titles
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with art direction leadership experience across industry leading games or entertainment
- Bachelor degree in Art/Design
Required Application Materials
- A motivational letter
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit digital-arrow.com.