We are developing Ember Sword, a groundbreaking social sandbox MMORPG game set in a community-driven PvP and PvE fantasy universe.
As a Senior Software Engineer – Core Systems (C++, Golang) you will work on creating new back-end and distributed services, such as a social server, queue server, and other networked services, and integration with third-party services like Databases. As lead of the systems team, you’ll build services from the ground up, considering performance, throughput, and bandwidth. Depending on the requirements, systems can be built in Golang or C++.
What you’ll do
- Creating distributed systems and services like the chat service, database/persistence layer, social server, etc.
- Creating architecture proposals for new services and implementing them from the ground up
- Creating reliable integrations with third-party solutions, such as databases.
- Working with the network engineers to create optimized data flows
- Working closely with DevOps/LiveOps to develop stable and reliable services
Who you are
- You come with many years of experience in developing distributed systems in C++ and ideally Golang (Or willing to learn)
- You have experience and feel comfortable leading a small group of skilled engineers
- You have a good grasp of Standard Template Library (STL) and underlying data types)
- You have additional experience (or interest) in writing Golang code
- You have experience with networking / TCP / UDP / Websockets and getting high throughput via these protocols
- You have a DevOps mindset and know your way around monitoring, visualizing, and alerting on the services you build (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK)
- You have an interest in Data-driven design (DoD)
- You are passionate about learning and can share a few examples of (new) technologies you’ve learned recently
What’s in it for you
- We are a remote-first company but also have offices in Denmark (Copenhagen), and Serbia (Novi Sad), where you could work from.
- If you’re not based in any of our office locations, and as long as you are based within the CET timezone +2/-2 hours, we can offer a UK/EU-based role (either as a contractor or as an employee through Deel). You will then occasionally travel to Copenhagen to meet with your colleagues.
- Flexible working is available to all colleagues, so you will not be required to be in the office every day!
- You’ll get 25 days annual leave + 1 free day off for your birthday + bank holidays of your employment locations
- Recharge time: we give everyone the option to take extra paid time off to recharge after intense periods of time.
Who we are
Bright Star Studios, is a global independent games development studio led by a team of award-winning venture founders, former world champion pro-players, and entertainment professionals who come with decades of game industry experience. We are aiming to carve a new path forward for MMORPGs across PC, browser, and mobile platforms. The studio’s mission is to rewrite the games industry with a business model that favours the community through exciting competitive gameplay, instant playability, and a leading platform that supports the player economy.
We are an equal opportunity employer that hires people who are genuinely passionate about changing the games industry for the better. Always on the lookout for exceptional talent and potential, we care about good team effort, open and friendly communication, and speaking up without reserves.