Are you an experienced game programmer? Do you know the ins and outs of the Unreal engine? Have you the drive to work with programmers and teams to build prototypes and create new gameplay and character mechanics? We’re looking for a person just like you!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Prototyping and coding gameplay features
- Creating a base gameplay system and tools for the gameplay designers to extend
- Collaborate with game designers and animators to discuss constraints and set out the technical possibilities for the requested features
- Ensuring that game code is well designed and is optimal in terms of CPU and memory consumption
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years experience in game development
- Solid experience working in Unreal engine and C++
- Strong math skills and good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in creating gameplay mechanisms
- Ability to understand and work with existing code-base, modify and refactor it as needed
- Ability to collaborate with other team members of various roles
- Ability to easily communicate in English
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience developing player character mechanics in a third-person game
- Understanding of the interaction between the player, physics and animation
- Experience in AI programming and techniques
- Familiarity with lighting and shading techniques
- Knowing your way around shader programming and particle effect systems
- Understanding of Unreal multiplayer system
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.