You see beyond the static 3D and know how to breathe life into it, making every character, creature, and object a vibrant part of the gaming narrative. Working on big AA/AAA titles ignites your passion, and you want to leave a mark on the industry.
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises’ fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can’t reveal too much just yet, we can promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are looking for someone like you to join us in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Sarajevo, or remotely. If everything written above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
- Create aesthetically high – quality, as well as technically correct animations, for characters, creatures and in-game objects that accompanies the game style and closely cooperate with game designers and lead animator
- Be responsible for the quality and content of the animations and the functionality of the gameplay systems
- Continuously refine animations based on playtesting feedback and design adjustments.
- Help enhance animation workflows to better and speed up production
- Help and provide guidance and contribute to the growth of junior animators within the team.
- Assist in organizing motion capture sessions and provide guidance to actors during the process.
- Actively participate in producing creative solutions for resolving issues
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 5+ years of experience within Game Development industry as Gameplay Animator
- Independently choose the technique in which to create the animation, as long as it meets the criteria set for the final animation
- Advanced skills in industry-standard animation software and tools, including Maya and MotionBuilder
- Familiarity with HIK mocap workflow in Maya
- Experience in animating with different custom character rig solutions and autorig frameworks like mGear.
- Strong understanding of body mechanics and realistic animation
- Understanding of game design and game development production process
- Wealth of experience in 3D animation and a portfolio or demo reel to match
- Attention to detail, adaptability, suppleness, flexibility and an open mind
It would be a plus if you have:
- Proficiency in realistic motion animation
- In-depth understanding of anatomy and physiology of movements
- Willingness to work inside of a multidisciplinary team
- A deep knowledge of the engine and animation tools, and bring new solutions to complex problems
- Good understanding of technical aspects for rigging and skinning
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other wellbeing benefits – because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company-wide annual leave in January, plus additional days for significant life events like childbirths, wedding leaves, and bereavement, plus short-term sick leaves.
- A month of 4-hour workdays for all Mad Heads returning from maternity leave – to acclimate and gently return to the workflow.
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, and courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech, and gaming ecosystems – and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events, as well as personalized team bonding events tailored to your preferences
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in one PDF doc.