WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Producer (Capture Operations) at Epic
What We Do
At Epic, we are in the process of establishing Capture Stages for capturing human face and body data in 3D and 4D using our advanced capture technology. We capture data for client projects at 3Lateral Service Production as well as data for the Epic MetaHuman Product and technical R&D.
This data is the foundation for high-value AAA projects with our game development and film production customers, as well as the development of ground-breaking products and capabilities such as MetaHuman Creator and Epic’s Unreal Engine. Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for an intermediate to senior level Capture Operations Producer to join our Scanning Team in Novi Sad (RS). Scanning teams in Epic operate and process data captured on internally developed hardware devices in 3 locations across the world. You’ll be leading producers of Scanning Teams in Los Angeles (US) and Manchester (UK) as well as being hands on in the producer role in Novi Sad. You’ll work with different teams on defining project scope and on improving workflows to ensure assets are captured, processed and delivered optimally and at the highest quality. This opportunity is ideal for someone who has worked in an innovative, dynamic environment. Previous experience in project management, team leadership, as well as experience in the hardware and software development industry is highly appreciated.
In This Role You Will
- Gathering, refining and prioritizing requirements necessary for defining project scope and objectives together with the technical scanning team lead
- Be responsible for resources allocation, project planning, tracking and reporting, ensuring timely completion.
- Take care of team coordination.
- Provide ongoing risk assessments with respect to team health, process bottlenecks, the schedule, and overall quality.
- Understanding and managing priorities and dependencies across various technical processes, teams and pipelines.
- Scheduling and attending meetings related to the project, taking notes and identifying action points.
- Schedule capture sessions in collaboration with casting, scanning and other relevant teams and ensuring all relevant pre shoot processes are fully defined and adhered to, including legal and financial requirements
- Talent onboarding and support during shoots
- Follow up and complete all relevant post shoot activities
- Lead two producers located in the US and UK
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of project management experience in gaming, performance capture and/or hardware and software development industry
- Previous experience working with project tracking software.
- An understanding of asset creation workflows and pipelines
- Willingness to learn new processes and technologies.
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment.
- Have strong time management skills with the ability to focus and prioritize in a dynamic work environment.
- Effective communication, and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships.
- Must be detail oriented and display strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, and multitasking skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information in both written and oral forms.
- A positive attitude, self-driven, proactive, and team player.
- Someone who is passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees (EEs) and dependents (deps). Our current benefits package includes coverage for private medical insurance (inc. dental/vision), supplemental life, supplemental accident, and disability. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Being a part of 3Lateral team
Our mission is to evolve through exploring abstract landscapes of art and science, exciting new technologies and, most importantly, through nurturing continuous multi-disciplinary communication and company values among our team members. Our talented and devoted individuals are all gathered around the same vision of creating and constantly improving technology that allows creation of high-fidelity replicas of human appearance and motion with special focus on real time and usable across all digital mediums.
In order to ensure a supportive and collaborative environment we:
- Enable professional long-term career development through continuous education and specialization
- Work with exciting new technologies and ambitious, industry changing, projects
- Attendance at the leading seminars and conferences from the industry
- Sustain personal goals through family-oriented work regulations
- Empower autonomy of thinking and acting
- Pleasant working atmosphere in our cozy offices with friendly and well-minded individuals
- Work from home model during pandemic
We are looking for new team members who can inspire us and are willing to give us a chance to inspire them, contribute to their ideas, skills and knowledge. With joint forces with our mother company Epic Games we are continually developing the state of the art in Unreal Engine as a leading team for creation of next generation virtual humans and creatures.