Lead VFX Artist
Would you trust yourself with the responsibility of managing and developing the visual effects (VFX) team in an unconventional, award-winning gaming studio, surrounded by extremely fun-to-work-with colleagues, while creating amazing effects worthy of AA/ AAA game development?
You would? Ok, that’s a promising start!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Use available tools (particle systems, modeling, texturing, etc.) to lead the development of visual effects that clearly communicate gameplay and immerses the player in the game world
- Design and develop eye-catching visual effects for characters and levels in Unreal Engine
- Create visual effects for the needs of in-game cinematics and handle all aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Identifying solutions to continuously improve on quality and performance, whether it involves an exciting new technology or how to communicate a new gameplay design
- Optimize effects to make them game-ready and modify visual effects to match the budget and ensure they remain of high quality
- Set materials with special properties
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years of experience as a VFX artist in the film, marketing or game industry
- Knowledge of engines (primarily Unreal, possibly Unity) and their particle and material editors
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Understanding the technical limits of VFX in the gaming industry
- Strong feel for gameplay aesthetics and the overall impression of how a good game should be created
- Excellent creativity and artistic skills
- Leadership skills to train other VFX artists
- Willingness to remain up-to-date on the latest creative software and hardware
It would be a plus if you have:
- Excellent knowledge of 3D software (3DS Max, Maya, Blender)
- Good knowledge of 2D animation programs (After Effects)
- Good knowledge of programs and plug-in elements for simulations (Houdini, FumeFX, EmberGen)
- Experience as an animator, modeler, and/or texture artist is a bonus
- Previous experience in working on AA / AAA titles
- Very strong problem-solving skills for technically challenging tasks
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!
To apply for this job please visit careers.madheadgames.com.