Would you trust yourself to lead a team with a unique blend of creativity and technical skills? The team where your hands-on expertise will be pivotal in crafting immersive game environments and bringing virtual 3D worlds to life?
You would? Ok, that’s a promising start!
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises’ fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can’t reveal too much just yet, we can promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are looking for someone like you to join us in our offices in Belgrade, Novi Sad, and Sarajevo, or remotely. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Leading the Environment Art team and helping teammates and outsource partners to create the finest environment art (this includes mentorship, giving instructions, task feedback, etc.)
- Collaborating with Game Design, Art, and Tech departments
- Closely collaborating with the Art Director to get production aligned with the quality target
- Planning, prioritizing, and setting inspiring objectives for your team members
- Establishing the environment production pipeline and writing technical documentation
- Ensuring that environment assets are prepared according to technical standards and ready for the next steps in the production pipeline
- Producing realistic, high-quality environments, based on provided concept art
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- At least 5 years of experience working in the video game industry
- Strong knowledge of 3D software like 3DS Max or Maya, Blender, Zbrush…
- Experience with PBR workflows using texturing software such as Substance Designer/Painter
- In-depth understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art-making
- Experience in working with Unreal Engine 5
- Experience in creating photorealistic efficient models with proper UV layouts, bakes, and textures for next-gen games
- Knowledge of the video game development pipeline
- Experience with set dressing and beautification
It would be a plus if you have:
- Previous experience in working on AAA games
- Knowledge of UE5 and its new technologies such as Nanite, Lumen, etc
- Mentoring/coaching skills to train other Environment Artists
- Desire to learn new technologies and production techniques
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other wellbeing benefits – because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company-wide annual leave in January, plus additional days for significant life events like childbirths, wedding leaves, and bereavement, plus short-term sick leaves.
- A month of 4-hour workdays for all Mad Heads returning from maternity leave – to acclimate and gently return to the workflow.
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, and courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech, and gaming ecosystems – and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events, as well as personalised team bonding events tailored to your preferences
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.