WHY WE NEED YOU:
We’re looking to add a fresh face to our Game Design team – from gameplay mechanics to system and level design, you will work with development game teams to help shape the future of Nordeus games.
Are you a fierce gamer and with big dreams of making a game with the help of other insanely creative people?
This is your chance! Put together your CV and cover letter and if you have any games, research papers, or prototypes you worked on, send them our way – we can’t wait to meet you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and prototype gameplay mechanics- you will study and seek to understand different mechanics and concepts, while proactively introducing new concepts into design assignments
- You will collaborate closely with User Research, Marketing, Data Science and Product to understand and apply the learnings into game design
- Analyze, critique and adjust systems in response to stakeholder requirements
- Throughout production and live operations, you will work with Game Producers and Product Managers to determine the time and resources required to deliver quality work on time and on budget
- Champion your designs internally and externally to ensure alignment and full clarity
- You will be trained to work on meta-design and economy modeling, assisting in designing any given game elements as needed
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Educational background in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economy, Research Psychology or a related field
- Understanding of mathematical models
- Analytical problem solving and attention to detail
- Passion for analyzing games and underlying mechanics that are making them captivating for the players
- Desire to create fun and memorable experiences for our players worldwide
- Passion for analyzing balancing in games and tradeoffs that designers made
- Interest in social sciences and behavioral psychology
- Awareness of market trends, technology advancements and general progression within the games industry
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Curious problem-solver who enjoys working through ambiguity to develop clear interaction and end-to-end engagement models for multiple user segments
- Perpetual learner – an individual with an insatiable appetite for knowledge
- Proficiency in English
- Awards or achievements in the field of Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
While striving to nurture our culture and creative environment, we make sure we take care of the people we hire, including:
- Competitive compensation, perks, and benefits: unlimited vacation days, best-in-class learning and development opportunities, premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, Nordeus provided breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- State-of-the-art workspace
- High level of creative freedom: You won’t waste time on endless meetings getting several levels of approvals
- Chance to work with a team of experienced game makers: we’ve got over 170 employees from 22 countries
- Access to the latest tools and technology as well as a chance to work with a world-class Game Design team
- Be part of making Belgrade a leading tech and business hub of Southeastern Europe:
- We are working closely with the community to develop the gaming ecosystem and empower talent
- Belgrade is awesome. Considered a 2018 must-see city by the New York Times, Belgrade satisfies everyone: nightlife and unique music venues; design-centric neighborhoods and galleries; live sports; international cuisine; you name it. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nursery options. Want to learn more? Check out our Life at Nordeus page!
Want to learn more? Check out our Life at Nordeus page!