We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
Currently, we are developing two big games in Unreal Engine: Scars Above, a challenging and immersive 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter… and one unannounced project based on a famous horror film IP.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Be part of Programming Leadership team on one of our projects
- Working on technical design and implementation of gameplay systems
- Create tools to help game designers and the rest of the team in their work
- Collaborate with leads of other departments (art, animation, sound, QA, technology) to discuss technical constraints and feasibility of the implementation
- Ensure that game code is well designed and is optimal in terms of CPU and memory consumption
- Review code of other members of programming team, give them feedback, and help them grow as professionals
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- 3+ years experience in game development
- 2+ years’ experience working in Unreal engine and C++
- Strong math skills and good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in creating gameplay systems
- Ability to understand and work with existing code-base, modify and refactor it as needed
- Ability to collaborate with other team members of various roles
- Ability to easily communicate in English
It would be a plus if you have:
- Experience developing player character mechanics in a third-person game
- Understanding of the interaction between the player, physics and animation
- Experience in AI programming and techniques
- Familiarity with lighting and shading techniques
- Knowing your way around shader programming and particle effect systems
- Understanding of Unreal multiplayer system
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or run errands before work – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from the field
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members as well as other wellbeing benefits such as yoga classes because we care about our physical and mental health
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority so conferences, classes, workshops, courses (external and internal) are all part of the package!
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech and gaming ecosystems – and will include you into it!
Help us get to know you! Send us not only your CV, but also your portfolio where we can see your work. Best way is to send it in PDF doc attachment.
Apply by pressing the button below.