We are looking for a motivated and collaborative Financial Controller to help us oversee all financial reporting, accounting and control activities to ensure the accuracy, integrity and compliance of our financial data. The new Desperado will play a pivotal role in budgeting, forecasting and managing various financial functions. Finally, the role involves collaborating with external agencies, and financial institutions, ensuring regulatory compliance and maintaining internal controls. Sounds interesting? Keep reading for more details!
What you’ll be doing:
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Responsible for preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, including group P&L statements, game P&L statements, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
- Ensure all financial reports are compliant with relevant accounting standards and regulations.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis, providing insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making. Analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial metrics to assess the financial health of the organization.
Month-End and Year-End Closing Process
- Lead the coordination with external accounting partners to ensure precise and timely processing of financial transactions and adherence to tax regulations during month-end and year-end closing activities.
- Play a key role in the month-end and year-end closing processes, which involve reconciling accounts, making necessary adjustments and preparing financial reports for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for revenue management process and compliance with customers’ self-billing portals.
- Supervise the monthly salary calculation and HR payroll documentation.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Collaborate closely with the CFO and other business stakeholders to develop and maintain the company’s budget and financial forecasts.
- Continuously monitor actual financial results against budgeted figures and analyze variances, providing actionable recommendations.
Banking and Payments
- Manage the company’s banking relationships, overseeing financial transactions, payments to vendors, and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Ensure strict compliance with financial regulations related to banking and payments.
Compliance, Internal Control and Financial Systems
- Stay updated on evolving accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the company’s financial reporting is fully compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Establish and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and maintain the accuracy of financial data, actively identifying and mitigating financial risks.
- Work with financial software and systems to optimize the management of financial data, seeking opportunities to streamline processes and enhance reporting capabilities.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field. Professional qualification ACCA or similar is considered a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in controlling, accounting or related roles.
- Profound knowledge of accounting principles, financial analysis and reporting standards, including IFRS.
- Proficiency in financial ERP systems and advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and Power BI.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a proven ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate collaboration with the CFO and cross-functional team members.
- Adaptability and a willingness to take on diverse financial responsibilities within a stimulating team environment.
Who we are:
We’re an ambitious team of game developers behind two successful casual mobile games Viola’s Quest and Woka Woka. Our third game NoNo Crossing was globally released in 2023. As a picture puzzle logic game, NoNo expands our portfolio beyond the marble shooter category, which has been engaging over 30 million players for years now. We keep our players curious by constantly evolving their favorite casual games. Apart from games, we focus on AI in the gaming industry and the possibilities for its application. Also, we’re a growing independent gaming company in Serbia, which basically means we drive our own decisions and we’re currently at 80+ employees.
What we offer:
- A place for your creativity to shine;
- Continuous growth and learning opportunities;
- Freedom and space to make an impact and drive your own initiatives;
- A team of passionate people who enjoy their work and their team;
- Hybrid work environment (3 days in the office, 2 days remote);
- Private health insurance, 23 vacation days minimum, full sick leave coverage, fit pass, etc.
Click on the apply button, and tell us more about yourself!