With your unique blend of creativity and technical expertise, you skillfully craft game-ready environments and breathe life into virtual 3D worlds. You know how to impact the project’s visual appeal and ensure top-notch performance and player immersion.
We are unconventional creators of action games for PC and consoles – extremely fun to work with and definitely not for the faint-hearted. For over a decade, we pioneered the local game dev scene, driven by the ambition to become the regional game dev leader.
On that quest, we pave our way with exciting games developed in Unreal Engine. Scars Above, our latest title, is a challenging and immersive 3rd-person Sci-Fi shooter set in a mysterious alien world to explore. We are also developing two new, unannounced games based on famous and beloved IPs, which franchises’ fans will eagerly anticipate! While we can’t reveal too much just yet, we can promise these titles will push the boundaries of regional game development and generate some serious hype.
We are on the lookout for someone like you to join us in our offices in Novi Sad, Belgrade, Sarajevo or remote. If everything said above ticks all your boxes so far, read on! We might be a match made in heaven!
What will you be doing as a Mad Head?
- Create game-ready, next-generation 3d environment art, models, materials and textures.
- Create both modular and unique environment assets with varying scales of complexity
- Develop game assets from a mix of reference images and concept art
- Create a mixture of hard surface and organic assets
- Produce game assets that work within design specifications and balance aesthetic with performance and optimization
- Work with the Environment Art Lead to create immersive environments while maintaining the project’s visual direction
- Implement, iterate, and review assets in the engine
- Collaborate with Level Design, Concept Art and Tech Art
- Collaborate with other Artists to find the best solutions to all major technical and/or creative challenges facing the art team
What do we expect from our ideal candidate?
- At least 5 years of experience working in the video game industry
- Strong knowledge of 3D software like 3DS Max or Maya, Blender, Zbrush…
- Experience with PBR workflows using texturing software such as Substance Designer/Painter
- Have an in-depth understanding of the technical limitations and requirements for in-game art making
- Experience working with real-time engines like Unreal, Unity
- Experience creating photorealistic efficient models with proper UV layouts, bakes and textures for next-gen games
It would be a plus if you have:
- Previous experience in working on AA+ games
- Knowledge of the video game development pipeline
- Knowledge of UE5 and its new technologies such as Nanite, Lumen etc
- Mentoring/coaching skills to train other Environment Artists
- Experience with set dressing and beautification
- Desire to learn new technologies and production techniques
In return, here is what we can give:
- A dynamic and extremely upbeat workplace like you have never seen before
- Competitive industry standard salaries, because we all know that it matters
- Flexible working hours: sleep in or start early – we trust you with your time
- Chance to work with senior professionals and teams from your field of work
- Premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, as well as other wellbeing benefits – because we care about your physical and mental health
- More time to rest: 25 days of vacation, plus a company-wide annual leave in January, plus additional days for significant life events like childbirths, wedding leaves, and bereavement, plus short-term sick leaves.
- A month of 4-hour workdays for all Mad Heads returning from maternity leave – to acclimate and gently return to the workflow.
- Ongoing education and training: Self-improvement is a priority, so conferences, classes, workshops, and courses (external and internal) are all part of the package
- Community events: we are heavily involved in developing startup, tech, and gaming ecosystems – and will include you in it
- Awesome team building events, as well as personalized team bonding events tailored to your preferences