Wargaming would like to invite a 2D Customization Artist to join its top AAA project: World of Tanks!
This two-time Guinness award-winning vehicle action game has an army of 110 million loyal fans. World of Tanks is a cultural phenomenon that has entertained players worldwide for over 12 years!
We have a solid and involved team that continually strives to stay on the edge of the gaming industry. We are extremely passionate about art and are always looking for innovative ways to bring our ideas and vision to World of Tanks gamers.
As a 2D Customization Artist, you will have the rare opportunity to directly influence skins and customization elements for our in-game vehicles, while working closely with other 2D/3D artists, supervisors, art directors, and historians. Wargaming is a company for those who are always up for a challenge, and are ready to help us make millions of dedicated players happy.
What will you do?
- Create AAA-quality vehicle customization elements: camos, skins, inscriptions, decals, emblems, and much more. You should be able to tell a story and create an atmosphere through engaging visuals
- Collaborate with art directors and supervisors to design concepts for customization art objects and other in-game graphics. You will need to communicate your ideas effectively to other artists, as well as those in non-art disciplines
- Continuously enhance the aesthetics of the World of Tanks customization universe
- Support the development of an internal toolset by providing feedback and ideas for improvement
- Be a proactive, curious, and devoted member of a cross-functional product-oriented team inside the development structure
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of experience as a graphic designer, illustrator, or similar position
- An outstanding portfolio with an eye for perspective, color, lighting, atmosphere, and detail
- Stylization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A familiar with the distinctive visual style and setting of the WWII period
- Self-motivation, good interpersonal skills, eagerness to learn and grow, and a can-do attitude
- Intermediate English or higher
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Experience with 3D tools, preferably Blender
- Gaming experience in World of Tanks
- Russian language
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Belgrade include:
- Additional Vacation days on top of the statutory minimum dependent on years of service with Wargaming Group)
- Up to 8 “Trust days” per calendar year that require no medical certificate
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- English clubs and platform for learning languages
- Premium Private Health Care
- Commuting allowance
- Gym trainings / Wellness program
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program – you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward