The gaming industry is known for the immediacy and great desire of all individuals to share knowledge transparently. Thus, the producers of several companies and studios – as a traditionally extroverted role – have connected and met informally in recent months, in order to see how other colleagues cope in this role, which is in many ways specific.
Conclusions of these meetings: the role is not clearly defined, it changes from project to project, from team to team, and is often confused or equated with Project Manager and Product Owner roles. However, this position is much more complex, it requires both technical and business knowledge, but also intuition, paired with a flawless sense of organization, risk management, leadership and more.
The latest SGA annual report also shows that this is one of the three positions that are the most difficult to fill.
That is why the SGA is organizing this more formal gathering in which we will, as it is popularly said, demystify the role.
WHO IS THE MEETUP FOR:
- If you are wondering if your next position in the gaming team can be in producing – join us.
- If you work in another industry, and it seems to you that your set of knowledge and skills suits this role – join us.
FORMAT I TEME:
- Production face off– senior mobile and senior core producers (Andrej Sinkević @Ubisoft Belgrade, Aleksandar Aleksić @Nordeus) with many years of experience working on large projects will compare what it looks like to produce a mobile, and how a PC/console project
- From the recruiter’s point of view – Lazar Ivanović (Recruitment Specialist @Ubisoft Belgrade) will explain to us what set of skills is expected from producers, how to prepare for the interview, what kind of technical test awaits them, and generally everything in finding producers in unexpected places
- Producer diaries – daily activities, collaboration with other teams, framework and tools. We will learn all about what it looks like to work in this role from Zdravko Malinović (Senior Producer @Starloop Studios) and Milan Manestar (Medior Producer @Playstudios Europe). It is interesting that both of them switched to gaming from other industries, which will give us an insight into this transition as well.
Attendance is completely free, but please fill out the RSVP form in the program card. See you LIVE in the newly opened NTP Novi Sad, followed by some nibbles, drinks and networking!